.

.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Chick-Fil-A! (and other tender mercies)

Hello everyone! I can't believe that its monday again!? This week flew by! Well this week honestly everything bad that could happen i think happened to me and sister Hoffman haha okay maybe not everything but i guess thats what you learn on a mission that everything you plan on happening just doesn't happen on the way you want it to turn out! on Wednesday me and sister Hoffman woke up to a text from our investigator Jeff that said he couldn't be baptized anymore... :( it was so sad! His girlfriend does not like the Mormons so it was really hard for him to have courage and be baptized! so just keep praying for him please! :)  Then we had interviews on thursday and we thought it was at a different building which was 20 minutes away and so we were 30 mins late to our interviews with the mission president haha oh man and then our car wouldn't start when we were trying to get to our meetings on sunday and almost all our investigators appointments feel through... me and sister hoffman after all of that just turned to each other and laughed about it because really every effort we were giving towards people just wasn't going our way! I love the scripture In alma 26:27-37 it really is the mission life in a nut shell hah! i love in verse 27 how it says "Now when they our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back, behold the lord comforted us, and said: go amongst thy brethren, the laminates, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and i will give unto you success." Right when me and sister Hoffman were about to give up the lord really showed us success and lead us right to a person who needed to hear this gospel! We were out knocking and we decided to knock on this door that we both felt good about and this lady came to the door and was like sorry i don't speak english but let me go grab my son that speaks english so we were so happy and he came to the door and was like ahh yes i know who you guys are, I'm a member of your church but i haven't been active for 4 years now and we were like well would you like to come back and he was like ehh i know i will come back someday but i just don't feel ready right now. His name is Alexis but he was so happy and felt so loved that we came and knocked on his door! we are going to try and go back and start teaching him the lessons and see if he will want to come back! pray for him!! :) On Wednesday me and sister Hoffman were driving down the street and we were just really discouraged and i was just praying that I could just see or find something to help brighten my day and i looked to the right and i saw a CHICK FILA!!! seriously the lord knows me too well!! haha he knows exactly what makes me happy and that definitely made my whole day!  The one thing i have really learned on my mission so far is that the lord really does hear and answer our prayers! He is so concerned with every part of our lives and wants us to be happy! We just have to turn to him and he will bless us :)
Everyone in our area is usually so nice to us, and super respectful! So as we were knocking doors the other day we knocked on this Armenian ladies house and she was like oh my you two are angels haha and she was like come in come in tell me what you're sharing and she got us water! I love nice people!!! haha :) Me and sister Hoffman got asked if we were nuns haha people are funny.. i just wanted to say do i look like I'm a nun to you.. and give them the sass but i held back don't worry mom and dad and just smiled and said no i am not but i am a representative of Jesus Christ so thats cool :) 
oh man you will not believe how many lizards there are out here! They are the nastiest things ever!! i hate them so much and they always run around your feet while you're at the door step of peoples house! They all need to die! 
Through this week i have really realized how much my heavenly father loves me and is so aware of everything i am going through! I'm so grateful for the strength he gives me to push on through the hard times! This week we were talking with a guy and asked him if he had ever met missionaries, and he said he hadn't. It hit me right there that oh my gosh there are so many people in this world that has never even heard this message before! I have really taken this gospel for granted and from now on when i talk with someone I really try and tell them how great this message really is and how much comfort it can really bring to their lives! 
We found a new investigator and he is AWESOME!! He just moved here a month ago from North Carolina and he came to church on sunday! He has never had religion in his life! His name is Ashton! he is great and he loved church! He turned to me during church and was like wow everyone is so friendly how do you become a member? I was like well you're talking to the right person haha so then i went on to tell him the whole shabang! :) we meet with him on wednesday to teach our first lesson! I'm soo excited!!
Well i love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all your support and prayers! i really feel them strengthening me daily! i can definitely feel angels bearing up and helping me push on! Im so grateful for this gospel and for the happiness and peace it brings into my life! I'm so grateful for eternal families! that is the greatest blessing! WE GET TO LIVE WITH OUR FAMILIES FOREVER!! We can really take things for granted with the things we believe in the gospel but it helps remind me everyday when i am telling people about how great this plan is our Heavenly Father has given us! I love you all! Everything is going great and i love being a missionary! the people out here are awesome! and it is starting to get REAL hot! Have a GREAT week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment